1 of 3
The Duo Show is Out!!!
Posted: 28 May 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2090
Joined  2009-06-08

I am downloading the deluxe version….can’t wait to give it a whirl…:)

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 28 May 2013 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

......wow….was this is tremendous…..wow…

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 28 May 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

And the best thing is that I will always have it with me on my iphone….what a treasure….

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 28 May 2013 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

I feel like crying on every song….everlasting streams like fine tinkling fairy bells…. But sad ones

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 29 May 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

I love the intimacy of the recording with just enough musical accompaniment to provide depth but not overtake the voices which I love in case you couldn’t guess… It’s fun to hear Dan singing the first lines of dreams and Matt singing on dans songs… Plus, I was singing “kiss away the tears” on dan’s song love without fear, very easily replaced…There was one song where Matt had a background vocal of ” yeah” that sounded random and made me laugh in delight… I thought the lyric in trumpet was ” here I sip your loving cup” not ” sit” so that’s a neat revelation…trumpet makes me so happy smile

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 30 May 2013 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1297
Joined  2009-06-15

Note how the audience spontaneously breaks out in song during Closing Time.

Signature 

Jeff

First Trip Show: Coffman Memorial Union - Octoberish, 1989

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Pillaging Matt since 2010

Posted: 31 May 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Miscellaneous thoughts whilst listening & working (ha…!):  Reception-Love Matt’s clear voice and Dan’s piano work….it was funny when Dan mentioned Matt referring to Ken and Andy as Kandy, but it sounds like it was a dud on the recording…total silence…Dreams sounds tremendous with both mingled voices…I love the tempo, it seems faster than on SN…….I am afraid of breaking out in song during Free Life…all I want to do is listen to these voices over and over….I love the big “jam” session on FL…super version of Free Life…lots of piano transitions that make it difficult to determine what the song is…I like that…sounds pretty….SS stands for So Sultry…Trumpet- my delight in this song is indescribable because I have always loved it so much, and I love that it’s resurrected….sounds a little slower than the old recording I have, and I love the bluesy twang I sense…Matt’s voice is so swoon-worthy….I just have always loved the lyrics…can you believe they kept the “Atta boy Matt” in the recording…I think that is me…in fact I’m sure it is…which makes me a little bit shy, but makes me laugh too….Love Someone Like You sung by Dan…I wish his version was on the radio….bleh….Unlucky Lady is always super….the discussion on California is funny because it was absolutely freezing in Minneapolis…-13 that very morning!!! WYBF makes me speechless…I pretend they are singing to me…and they are……moving right into Kiss Away the Tears…love love love….I don’t know why Matt is so embarrassed about this…it’s such a cute song…and it says a lot about them   that they would add it to the itinerary, well I guess it was Dan’s idea…thanks Dan!…..any song with the word Shimmy in it has to be good…kind of like including the word Sayonara….Drummer Like Me sounds more up-tempo….Dan’s new song (and love without fear is the same as kiss away the tears)…the music is pretty, are the lyrics too generic and marsh-mallowy…I don’t know…Two Wheeler superb…Dan’s new waltz…I like this song, it’s seems more revealing than the previous song which was not mentioned as being on his new record…I miss John on Never Your Mind…his big bellowing voice…next time make it a TRIO!!! Closing Time was a hit 15 years ago…that is stunning….the audience director finally makes an appearance…I can hear Dr. Neau singing! Toolmaster has a nice little twist….how do you describe the breathless rap besides awesome! Act Naturally is one of Dan’s best songs I think…there’s something in his voice when he sings it that is very moving…I can picture Ken shaking the maracas to this like a well-tuned machine….I think I like Hello Caller more every time I hear it…never gets old…Could We Start Again…a fantastic version of a song I’ve always loved on JCS and made more special because a total surprise out of the blue…..Yvonne Elliman has nothing on the Wilsons…If You Miss Me is the best…such a great showcase for Matt’s voice….if you are not touched by this song, you are not human…how does Matt hit those high notes…Wow…what an ending…

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 31 May 2013 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Reception & Everlasting Streams:  Matt singing and Dan playing piano is the best! Today you Move: I think I can just listen to these three songs over and over…they have everything I crave….I am glad I don’t have to live without this music…what would I be if I never found them…maybe mean and bitter….maybe my Will You Be Found quest ended in 1991….that’s a sweet thought….I love Dan and matt singing at the end of Free Life…I started my running hobby running to Free Life, the album and each song is tied to a specific farm and mile along the way..…did you hear Matt’s pronunciation of “possession” in Trumpet…!…does anyone else picture Tom Sawyer floating down the Mississippi singing this song w/banjo…I am just repeating Trumpet like I’m stuck in molasses swamp….maybe I’m just crazy….It’s so embarrassing to be so overcome by this music…but I don’t care…I’m letting it all hang out….on to WYBF….I am completely swept away by this performance….how delicate and refined…..the care in Dan and Matt’s voice whilst singing….the musical interlude…I am floating away… I am losing myself in this song…..whew….must move on…thank goodness Kiss Away the Tears is next to bring me back to reality…Love without Fear reminds me of One True Love…and then it sounds like Over My Head at times too…melody is nice….Too Much is very sweeping and dramatic…should sound nice on Dan’s new album…The beginning of Start Again sounds like it’s going to be Get Together by the Youngbloods…in IYMM - Matt’s last “alone” is amazing…

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 31 May 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15

For me, the clear highlight of the 2 nights was a song that they didn’t play at the Pantages: Hello Caller.  (I think this was my highlight from the show 3 years ago also).  Slowed down.  Haunting.

And do you notice the musical link between “Kiss Away the Tears” and “Reception”?

Signature 

Jeff

We have audio of you so-called lalalalalaloooo-ers.  And just because the audio isn’t of your faces doesn’t mean we can’t identify you. At this very moment that audio is on its way to Washington where the FBI has experts in this type of identification. If you turn yourselves in now, you may escape a Federal charge.

Posted: 01 June 2013 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

What did they play at Pantages and not at BLB? 

I have to say I need some help with the Reception/Kiss link…it’s not apparent to me…

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 01 June 2013 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-15

I believe Hello Caller was the only omission at Pantages from BLB.

Listen to the melody of this lyrics from Kiss Away the Tears
“Things I said are ringing in my ears.  Sweet nothings I can’t stand to hear”

Then listen to
“Seven men went in to hear the band. All laughing I can’t understand”

Signature 

Jeff

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yessssss…. I don’t even need to listen….

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 01 June 2013 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

Last Night Katie wanted us to see her working at her summer job, so like good parents we went..I’ll tell you now that spending Friday night at an Irish pub watching your daughter bus tables is most satisfying…. Better than 3 hours of little league! And the tune that was stuck in my head was ,” all I want in this world of mine is to take your hand and walk side by side…. Which is pretty funny… No doubt about it… Dan can write a catchy tune smile

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 02 June 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Above the Band
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2009-06-12
Dr. Neau - 01 June 2013 06:12 AM

I believe Hello Caller was the only omission at Pantages from BLB.

Listen to the melody of this lyrics from Kiss Away the Tears
“Things I said are ringing in my ears.  Sweet nothings I can’t stand to hear”

Then listen to
“Seven men went in to hear the band. All laughing I can’t understand”

Yeah, hearing those songs together, it was clear that the tune had been in Matt’s head, evolving for years.  One of the greatest thrills of the night.

Posted: 02 June 2013 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

I’m not sure which lyric is better….?

I heard a cover of the Youngbloods song this morning on Sirius the Loft…...and thought I was going to hear Start Again….weird….

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

Posted: 03 June 2013 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-08

I like dans “thanks” after wybf… He seems surprised at the roaring cheer from the crowd.

Signature 

FlyMe2Minneapolis

1 of 3

‹‹ Aster on 5/9      Music in Mears Park ››